New entries will be posted weekly as of August 2008. The intention is to post new entries daily once the Media Centre has been fully established (as of early 2009).
Are all entries dated? How new is the info?
Does the Centre have an archive and will I be able to access archival information and photos?
Yes. Information which is more than 12 months old will be automatically archived. The archive can be searched in the same was as the rest of the Media Centre ie using key words.
What is available on the Media Centre?
What will be available on the Safmarine Media Centre?
Lots and lots and then some:
• All the latest news from Safmarine
• Copies of recent interviews with Safmarine executives
• Corporate and financial information including Safmarine's involvement in maritime training, CSR etc
• Sector related information such as Safmarine's involvement in the transportation of perishable (reefer), commodity and automotive cargo as well as details on Safmarine's niche services to the oil and gas industries of West Africa etc
• Trade updates on key Safmarine trades eg South Africa to Far East, South Africa to Europe
• More than 100 photos - downloadable jpg format
SAFMARINE MPV information is not included on this site.
How do I get access to the information?
• Safmarine will notify you when the the Media Centre is live and available for use
• You register for the Media Centre by visiting www.safmarine.com, clicking the Media Centre image and then the REGISTER HERE button.
• An password will be sent to you via email - use this password to access the Media Centre. HINT:
if you prefer to select your own password - rather than use the one provided - you can change the password by amending the details in MY PROFILE. You can only change your password and profile details once you have accessed the site, using the password provided.
• Once registered, you may bowse through the Centre to find the information you need or use the 'search' options to locate the details you are looking for.
• Two search options will be available: a quick search which will allow you to enter one keyword at a time, or a full search which will facilitate a more advanced/full search.
• Once you have found the information and photos you're looking for, you may either download the files or cut-and-paste the information. All information will be dated.
How do I register for this site?
• Complete your details on the MY PROFILE form and SAVE.
• You will then receive an email notifying you that your registration has been successful
• A temporary password will be emailed to you
• Use this temporary password to LOGIN, using your email address as the 'username' and the password provided.
• NOTE: You may change your password if you wish to do so - simply amend by using the MY PROFILE page once you have been given your temporary password (remember to use this new password the next time you login)
Why should I use the Media Centre?
The Safmarine Media Centre will allow you, the journalist, to:
• Get the information/photos you want - when you want it/them
• Search for Safmarine-related information from one single source - you no longer need to keep your own records/archive system for Safmarine information
• Download complete files or cut-and-paste only the information required
• Download high resolution photographs
• Receive notification as and when new information is added to the site via RSS notifications
• Read and search Navigator magazine
• Subscribe to the print edition of Navigator
• Post questions/comments
- The Media Centre has been designed to be easy-to-use and to save you time.
- However, if you experience difficulty using the centre, you may click on the FAQ and HELP links - found on the Home Page - for assistance.
- Alternatively, the CONTACT US link will give you information on who to reach. This link also provides contact details for editorial and advertising enquiries.
How accurate are the dates assigned to the photos/images?
The media team is in the process of establishing accurate dates for all images, particularly the date the photo was taken (capture date). This process will take some time to complete and we advise you to use the date provided as a guide only.
You will note that some photos are dated 1901 - this is not an accurate date, simply a method we are using to identify those dates that need correcting as compared to those who may be more accurate
How accurate are the dates assigned to the documents?
Much time has been spent checking the accuracy of all documents uploaded to the media centre - including information relating to dates. We believe the majority of documents are dated - however, pse notify if you do find an important document without a date.
Are there any rules regarding the use of photographs?
All photographs in this Centre have been made available for journalistic purposes. All photographs contained in this site are copyright to Safmarine unless the name of the photographer - who holds the copyright - has been provided. The photos in this Centre are intended for publicity purposes only - they may not be used for commercial purposes (eg reprinted into posters) without the express prior permission of Safmarine. CONTACT US for more details.
NEW INFORMATION ITEMS
CSR request - A call for computers
23 May 2013
Shipping line Safmarine's latest Containers-in-the-Community project, a...
Feature - Safmarine aims to increase auto volumes in 2013
Safmarine increased its automotive import and export volumes in 2012 and hopes to continue the...
Feature - Africa -Thailand Trade
Feature material on Africa-Thailand Trade - Carrier Perspective - Q&A
Answers provided by...
News: Award for Safmarine’s 21 year Containers-in-the-Community initiative
22 April 2013
Shipping line Safmarine has been recognised for its 21 year commitment to...
Opinion piece - A sea of same ... Safmarine's Russell Gillespie April 2013
Safmarine's Russell Gillespie Global Head of Customer Experience and Brand looks at the all...
Profile - Safmarine 2013 - Boilerplate text
The below Safmarine profile is used for press release purposes.
News: Safmarine and Capespan provide a safe space for nurturing young minds
Safmarine and Capespan provide a safe space for nurturing young minds
Navigator Issue 51 - April 2013
In this issue, we've put the spotlight on:
The Safmarine's cultureThe importance of delivering...
Clippings - The Times - Best-kept success story (22 March 2013)
Eighteen years ago, Safmarine partnered with the South African Department of Education and the...
Clippings - Skills on site (March 2013)
Safmarine's Containers-in-the-Community project - 'Sport in a box' - has been nominated...
More Info Items